Taylor Collison was formed when two significant Adelaide families of Roy Taylor and Fred Porter commenced trading in 1928 as Taylor Porter. When the two parted to form separate firms, Gordon Taylor joined the partnership prior to the war.
The firm became Taylor Lang in 1941 and in 1963 became Taylor Collison after Richard Collison acquired a Stock Exchange seat made vacant by the premature death of then Director Ken Dobinson.
The firm founded by Roy Taylor has in the last 90 years seen his son Keith Taylor, grandson Jim Taylor and now current Director Campbell Taylor all involved in the Company.
In 1975 Taylor Collison merged with Turnbull and Co becoming Taylor Collison Turnbull & Pittman which after incorporation in 1988 became Taylor Collison Limited.